September 17, 2021
GenuineIn is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) describes how GenuineIn processes personal data in connection with our business, including the provision of our website at (http://www.GenuineIn.com/) (“Website”) and our Services.
This Notice explains GenuineIn’ approach to any Personal Data that we might collect from you, or which we have obtained about you from a third party, and the purposes for which we process your Personal Data in our capacity as a Controller (i.e. when GenuineIn determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data). It also describes your rights in respect of our processing of your Personal Data.
This Notice only applies to the use of your Personal Data by us or on our behalf. It does not apply to:
- Personal Data collected by third parties during your communications/dealings with those third parties or your use of their products or services
- Personal Data processed, stored or hosted by us when we act as a Processor on behalf of our Customers in the course of providing our Services, in which case the privacy statement of the relevant Customer will apply, and our data processing agreement with such Customer will govern our processing of your Personal Data.
1. WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER?
1. The Website and our Services are made available by various companies in the GenuineIn group of companies (each a “Group Company”).
Where this Privacy Notice refers to “GenuineIn”, “we”, “us, “our”, this means one or more of the particular Group Companies that provide the particular Website, Mobile Application, Newsletter or Services to you, recruits you, uses testimonials from you, sends marketing communications to you, host an event you visit, or organizes a program in which you participate
For the purposes of the GDPR and LGPD, the following Group Companies act as a data controller when the processing of your Personal Data is caught by the requirements of the GDPR or LGPD.
GenuineIn Technologies Private Limited (company no: U72900TN2021PTC145655) is a company established under the laws of India with its registered office at 2A, Ayya kailash 1,Vaigai Street, Sri Devi Karumari Amman Nager Extn,Velachery, Chennai – 600042 Tamil Nadu , India
2. WHO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT
We collect and process Personal Data about the following people:
- Website visitors: If you browse our Website or contact us via our Website (Contact Sales) we will collect and process your Personal Data in connection with your interaction with us and our Website.
- Users of our Services: If you use our Services, whether it is through our Website or our Mobile Applications, we will process your Personal Data for certain data analytics purposes, profile management and in order to offer, deliver and improve our Services.
- Visitors to our Offices: If you attend our office, we may process Personal Data about you that you volunteer in connection with your visit and any enquiries you make. For example, you may volunteer Personal Data when signing in as a guest. CCTV footage may also be collected for security purposes.
- Recipients of marketing communications from us: If you are a potential lead or existing customer, we may process Personal Data about you in order to send you marketing communications.
- Event attendees: If you register for, attend or take part in our events, webinars or contests hosted by us we will process Personal Data about you in connection with your attendance at the event. For example, we may ask you to complete a registration or feedback form, or other documents relating to the event.
Personnel that work for our Customers, partners and suppliers (including subcontractors and personnel who work for us as freelancers or contractors). If you (or your organization) are:
- in receipt of services from us;
- supply products or services to us; or
- otherwise partner with us;
we may collect and process your Personal Data in connection with our provision of those Services to you, our receipt of those Services from you and/or our partnership. This may include Personal Data included in any email or telephone communications or recorded on any document relating to an order for the Services.
Some of our Services include processing of data on behalf of our Customers in relation to applications, tools or software that we provide (“Hosted Data”). Save for the limited circumstances set out in this Notice, we are not the data controller of this Hosted Data as we do not determine the purposes or the means of the processing. If you believe your Personal Data is being processed by us in this way you should refer to the privacy notice of the data controller on whose behalf we are acting.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES GENUINEIN COLLECT, HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE RELY ON
Purpose: providing you with the Services We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes when providing our Services:
- administering your account (including when you subscribe and sign-up to any of our Services), assessing the needs of your analytics to suggest suitable Services and respond to service requests, questions or concerns.
- facilitating your transactions with other users when you use our Services.
- to prevent or respond to any misuse of our Services or Applications or any violations of our Terms and any applicable laws.
- collection of subscription fees.
The data processed includes:
- contact information such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, IP address, geographic location, or phone number of the Account admin;
- data sections not limited to education, experience, course, certification, training, project, publications, participations, skills, competencies, personal attributes, languages, external links, media attachments, objectives, interest, preferences for the purposes of personal profile, portfolio and CV development
- billing information, such as credit card number and billing address details about payments made between you and us; details of Services purchased from us;
- name and e-mail address when Account admin/Agent(s) provide feedback from within the Service(s);
- unique identifiers, such as username, account number or password
- your feedback and survey responses; and
- the content of any messaging you send us in a service request, question or concern including via email, telephone or via the Website.
We process your Personal Data for these purposes based on our legitimate interests or a third party’s legitimate interest to ensure we provide our Services in an effective, safe and efficient way. Where we process your Personal Data to administer your account, or to the extent necessary to collect your subscription fees, we do so for the purposes of our contract with you.
Purpose: Newsletters.When you actively subscribe to our newsletters, we collect your e-mail address to share our newsletters with you.
If you have requested content from us, i.e. a newsletter, it is in our legitimate interest to use your Personal Data in such a way to ensure that we process your request in an effective way.
Purpose: Service Analytics. We perform analytics on Personal Data that we process in order to: assess the needs of our Customer’s business to determine or suggest suitable Service(s); send Customers requested information about the Service(s) and improve the quality of this information; respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns and improve the quality of these responses; and for product improvement purposes.
It is necessary for us to use your Personal Data in this way to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you to provide our Services. It is also in our legitimate interests to process Personal Data in this way in order to perform analytics, train our algorithms, improve, enhance, develop, support and operate the Services and its availability, compile statistical reports and record insights into usage patterns, develop new products and services using machine learning technologies and more generally to better serve our Customers and be able to provide customized content and features.
Purpose: Cookies and Similar Technologies, Mobile Applications, Usage Data, Single Sign on and Social Media. We use commonly used tools to automatically collect information that may contain Personal Data from your computer or mobile device as you visit our Websites, use our application or in general use our Services.
- analyzing trends;
- administering the Website;
- to count users who have visited our Site and collect other types of information including insights about visitors’ browsing habits on the Websites;
- gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- to learn what parts of our Website are most popular and what kind of features and functionalities our visitors like to see;
- to help us understand the type of marketing content that is most likely to appeal to our visitors and Customers; and
- to help us with the selection of future product and service lines, website design and to remember your preferences.
- Single sign-on You can log in to our Websites using sign-in services such as Google, Facebook Connect and LinkedIn. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain Personal Data with us such as your name and e-mail address. Services like Google, Facebook Connect, Twitter, LinkedIn give you the option to post information about your activities on our Websites to your profile page and to share information with others within your network.
- Social media features and third party cookies. Our Websites includes social media features, such as the Facebook “Like” button, the “Share This” button or interactive mini-programs. Where you interact with these features, those third parties may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Websites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Websites. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing them.
4. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA?
We process Personal Data in the countries in which we are established. When processing your Personal Data, we may need to share it with other third parties (including other entities within our Group of Companies), as set out below. This list is non-exhaustive and there may be circumstances where we need to share Personal Data with other third parties:
- With third parties assisting GenuineIn in providing our Customers with the Service(s). Our Sub-Processors are given access to Customers’ Account and Service Data only as reasonably necessary to provide the Service(s) and will be subject to confidentiality obligations in their service agreements;
- With third party service providers providing us with services, such as research and analytics, anti-spamming and anti-phishing services, marketing and data enrichment or for them to reach out to you on our behalf;
- For Recruiters: with third parties registered with our service for job recruitment, student recruitment and data verification purposes and to permit such third parties to provide services that help us to provide our business activities or providing, maintaining and improving the features and functionality of the Services
- With third party payment processors who process your credit card and other payment information for GenuineIn but who are otherwise not permitted to store, retain or use such information;
- With third party partners for the purpose of assisting us in onboarding you and providing any further support needed to use our Services;
- With sponsors of contests for which you register;
- With third-party service providers that are assisting us with the operation and administration of events. If we are running an event in partnership with other organizations, we will share your Personal Data with such organizations for use in relation to the event;
- With third-party social media networks, advertising networks and websites;
- With external recruiters, and related organizations such as third-party providers that undertake employee background checks on our behalf and on behalf of other entities within our Group of Companies;
- With auditors, lawyers, accountants and other professional advisers who advise and assist us in relation to the lawful and effective management of our organization and in relation to any disputes we may become involved in;
- Law enforcement or other government and regulatory agencies and bodies or other third parties as required by, and in accordance with, applicable law or regulation;
- With Affiliates within GenuineIn and companies that we will acquire in the future when they are made part of the GenuineIn group – this may be for customer support, marketing, technical operations, account management or organizational purposes and to provide, enhance and improve the Services;
- If we are involved in a merger, reorganization or other fundamental corporate change with a third party, or sell/buy a business unit to/from a third party, or if all or a portion of our business, assets or stock are acquired by a third party, with such third party including at the due diligence stage;
- Other third parties - Occasionally, we may receive requests from third parties with authority to obtain disclosure of Personal Data, such as to check that we are complying with applicable law and regulation, to investigate an alleged crime, or to establish, exercise or defend legal rights. We will only fulfil requests for Personal Data where we are permitted to do so in accordance with applicable law or regulation.
- When you connect your Gmail mailbox with your GenuineIn Account.
Where necessary (such as when we transfer data to service providers) we put in place appropriate contractual arrangements and security mechanisms to protect the Personal Data shared and to comply with our data protection, confidentiality and security standards and obligations. Further details can be provided upon request.
5. HOW DOES GENUINEIN KEEP PERSONAL DATA SECURE?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the Personal Data that we collect and process. We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the Personal Data under our control from unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. In addition, all our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your Personal Data on our behalf) are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the Personal Data of all users of our Website and those who purchase our Services. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Data.
While information security risks are always evolving, so are the controls. The controls, so implemented, are periodically reviewed as part of internal and external audits.
6. RIGHT TO REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
a. You have the right to request information about:
- Categories of Personal Information GenuineIn has collected about you.
- Specific pieces of Personal Information GenuineIn has collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information.
- Categories of third parties with whom the business shares Personal Information
b. Right to request for deletion of any Personal Information collected about you by GenuineIn.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
c. How to submit an access or deletion request:
If you seek to exercise the foregoing rights to access or delete Personal Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
d. Sale of Personal Information. GenuineIn does not sell your Personal Information.
7. OPTING OUT PROCEDURE
If you no longer wish to continue our service or receive marketing communications from GenuineIn, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our marketing emails or delete account option available in the service or you can contact us at email@example.com
8. OTHER COMMUNICATIONS
If you are our Customer, we will send you announcements (email or in product notifications related to the Services) on occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our Services are temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an e-mail. Generally, you may not opt-out of such communications as they are a key part of delivering our Services to your effectively. If you do not wish to receive them, you may deactivate your Account.
9. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We will retain Personal Data only as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, as set out in this Notice. We will also retain it as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for legal and litigation purposes, to maintain accurate financial and other records, deal with complaints, and enforce our agreements.
Generally, in respect of Personal Data that we process in connection with the supply of our Services, we may retain your Personal Data as long as you continue our service or we will generally retain relevant Personal Data for up to three years from the date of our last interaction with you. We may then destroy such files without further notice or liability.
10. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Websites contain links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by GenuineIn. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites or third parties. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Websites and to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects Personal Data.
11. GOOGLE API DISCLOSURE
GenuineIn's use of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy's App's, including the Limited Use requirement.
12. CHILDREN'S PERSONAL DATA
GenuineIn does not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any Personal Data through our Websites or Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce this Notice by instructing their children never to provide Personal Data through our Services or Websites without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Data to us through our Websites or Services, please contact us using the details in section 18 and we will endeavor to delete that information and terminate the child's account from our databases.
Amendments to this Notice will be posted to this URL and will be effective when posted. If we make any material changes, we will notify you by means of a conspicuous notice on this Website or via e-mail or via in-product notification, but we encourage you to review this Notice periodically to keep up to date on how we use your Personal Data. You should frequently visit this Notice to stay fully informed. Your continued use of our Websites or the Service(s) following the posting of any amendment, modification, or change to this Notice shall constitute your acceptance of the amendments to this Notice. You can choose to discontinue use of the Websites or Service(s), if you do not accept the terms of this Notice, or any modified version of this Notice.
14. EFFECT OF MERGER OR ACQUISITION
In the event GenuineIn goes through a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, Customers’ Accounts, Collected Data and Service Data will likely be among the assets transferred. A prominent notice will be displayed on our Websites to notify you of any such change in ownership or control and Customers will be notified via an e-mail
15. CONTACTING GENUINEIN
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.